Sunday, March 15, 2009

Long Term Documentary Project.

For my long term documentary project, I would like to create diptychs of old photos I have found of buildings in Columbus, along with current photos of whats there now. I'd like to structure it in a way that the buildings are now gone and have been replaced with more current buildings. I'd also like to add any information I can find through the Columbus In Historic Photographs site, and the Columbus Metropolitan Library.
This first photograph is this series is the McCune Block, which was demolished in 1915 to make way for the Citizens Trust and Savings Building which opened in 1918, and still stands. Business in the McCune block included McCune, Lonnis and Griswold, seller of hardware, iron and carriage goods. The address is 51 N. High St.

No comments:

Post a Comment