Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Shooting Without A Memory Card.

On Sunday, I went out to shoot photos without the use of a memory card. It was one of the most frustrating experiences in my life. I'm the type of person who has to always have a camera on them. I even bought a crappy coolpix camera just so I could have a camera to throw in my purse and take with me everywhere, just in case I see something I want to shoot. I wasn't feeling very good, but it was a beautiful day, so I had my boyfriend drive me around to some areas of Columbus we have never been to. We checked out the west side by the river and made our way east driving down Champion Ave. all the way down to the Mt. Vernon area. It was so frustrating not to have any of the photos I "took." From the 10 cop cars searching a car on Mooberry St, to a beautiful old decrepit mansion on some unknown street that I may never find again, I only have my memories, and no photographic evidence. It was kind of like these dreams I have about often where I am somewhere beautiful, or weird, or in another country, and I have to get to my camera. When I get to my camera, it never works, or the photos never turn out right, but I just never am able to get the photos I want. Sunday was like these dreams. However, I suppose the success of this assignment was that I got to see more with my eyes, and that I found some fascinating places that I plan to go back to and shoot again.

No comments:

Post a Comment